Monday, March 23, 2009

Tuesday 24, March 2009

Following an AMAZING job from all the Paleo Challenge, and non Paleo Challenge we have a good technique/strength day...

Dead lifts

5-5-5/5-5-5 (Beginner to Intermediate)

5-5-5/5 (Advanced)

Please feel free to do either set, advanced or beginner. Build up in weight on the first 3 sets of 5 until you reach what would be your max weight. If you choose the beginner to intermediate set, building up to failure on the last set. If you choose the advance, this is a single set of your max weight.

For our short sweet end of the strength metcon we have one Drew told us about in his travels.

Tabata row (sprints)

20 seconds on 10 seconds off for 4 minutes.

Ah, she is letting us off easy today huh? Nope, you have to reach 100m in the 20 seconds or there is a penalty of 5 burpees per missed 100m. To be performed after your 4 mins of all out rowing glory!!!

I feel the love as your reading this. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Popped a rib out in my back yesterday. I have popped this same rib out many times so I am all too familiar with this. (old kayaking injury) I have a Chiropractic appointment today at 11:00, so I will miss out on the WOD today. Instead I am going to go on a hike this evening for an hour, stopping every five minutes for 25 squats and 25 pushups. Should get in a good gentle workout while not stressing my back. Hopefully if all is well I will see you guys back in the gym tomorrow.
Have a great workout everyone!

sam said...

popped a rib out? ummm, never heard of that, but sounds painful. Feel better and I hope I see you tomorrow, take it easy so you don't pop another one!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very common kayaking injury. Basically in kayaking it usually starts from tearing the cartlige between your ribs, then you never allow that to heal proporely, or it just does not heal properly, so that rib is always a bit unstable. My problem was that over and over I just got cordizone shots instead of letting it heal, so now I basically just have scare tissue where cartlige should be. I have done this both in the back of my rib cage and in the front of my rib cage. I actually have a couple of visible cortizone scars, which is kind of messed up. As you know cartlige takes forever to heal, and when you make a living competing who has the time to just sit it out.

Alena said...

Jay, take care of that rib... Have a good hike, and see you back in here soon - I am sure.:) How else ya gonna get that beach body?

Missed Jay, Dave and Sam at the 10:00 class today. :-)

Did the 5-5-5/5-5-5

Hit 115kg again with failure of 2 on the last set. I have been doing 5x5 sets for the last few months, so I dont know if that extra set of 5 took me out of my normal, but I thought I was going to get at least 117.5kg today. :)

Lynntropy said...

I saw this pic on CrossFit Auckland's site and it made me laugh so hard I had to share it.

Every time you miss a CrossFit workout, God kills a kitten

Chandler W said...

Heres to a quick recovery Jay. Hopefully that rib recovers quickly!

Deadlifts
5-5-5/5
120 Kg

The tabata Row sprints are a great workout after the deads! Some old school Crossfit endurance action

Anonymous said...

Got a good adjustment today and I am back in action, peps!
See you tomorrow!