Sunday, April 26, 2009

Monday 27, April 2009

1st off - Jay, you ROCK! Crazy but you ROCK!

OK, with that out of the way today we will be doing a "partner" WOD

First round
1 person grabs a medicine ball - heavy
1 person grabs a set of dumbbells or kettlebells - heavy
The person with the medicine ball throws it backwards over their head, and lunges to its resting spot - the person with the weights, lunges to the medicine ball as well - then you switch, so the one with the toss becomes the one to lunge with the weights and the one who was lunging with the weights becomes the one to toss the medicine ball - you do this with your partner for a 400m round - of course as quick as possible.

800m run

Second round
Same medicine ball as you used for your over head toss, this time you and your partner run the 400m while tossing the ball back and forth - the ball must be thrown to your partner within 2 steps of catching the ball. Honor system on the penalties for this round - if you drop the ball, it is 6 partner push ups for every drop. If you do not throw the ball within 2 steps, it is 5 burpees as the penalty, done together. The penalties will be completed at the end of the run. Again, as quick as possible.

Yeah, this is going to be a fun one, of course your coaches will complete a team if there is an odd man out. So, with any luck, you will get to see me post that after the 3rd time in the day I wanted to kill myself for the design of this one. :0)

6 comments:

Travis Coombs said...

Hi guys. Did the Chico Wildflower Century bike ride yesterday. After 100 miles of sitting on the saddle, my legs & butt are SORE! so I'll be taking a rest day today. Hope you all had a great weekend. Nice work on the burpee mile Jay. You are one sadistic mo-fo.

Jay said...

That was a fun team WOD. I know that I held Chandler down on the run, but I think that we where both a little bit tired, so I did not feel too bad about it.

20:26

See you tomorrow peps.

Matt said...

I'm back to Cross Fit :-)

I have missed you all, and extremely stoked to complete this WOD today. The past two weeks I averaged 3-5 hrs of sleep a day. Not so healthy for the body :-(

I will be hitting the gym hard and hopefully get back on to a somewhat normal routine :-p.

Alena said...

Matt-

YAY cant wait to see you tonight!

Travis AWESOME job! See you soon!

Jay, again you rock!

Chandler - is the man

Completed this once already today with Rick - nice job partner, will be doing it again at least a few more times today. :-)

Chandler W said...

Nice job today Jay! This was a great team WOD! You never hold me back Jay were were a solid gold team!
20:26

Great job Travis, can't wait to see you back in the gym!

Alena your an awsome and dedicated coach. You did the WOD multiple times with whoever needed it. this made it possible for everyone to complete the WOD and have a great time!

Matt said...

Wow what a WOD!! Excellent way to get me back into the grove :-)

28:26 No Penalties!!

My arse hurts from those lunges :-p just thought I'd share.