Sunday, July 5, 2009

Monday 6, July 2009

Happy Birthday little brother!

Starting the week off with a BANG - or should I say

"Bear"

This counts as one set:
Power Clean
Front Squat
Push-Press
Back Squat
Push-Press

Complete seven sets of the above rotation to equal one round.

Do 5 rounds total working up to your max. Be cautious on this one - make sure you start off at a good comfortable, almost easy weight so you can finish strong and heavy.

You can rest in between rounds.

Do not let go of the bar. If you do, you must restart the round.

Post loads completed.

9 comments:

sam said...

last set @ 34kg only completed 5 and dumped the bar.

good to be back

sonja said...

Glad your back Sam.

Last set @ 40kg completed 5 and had failure at the second PP of #6.

Ty Jones said...

Bar slipped off my sweaty back on 4th round of 4th set with 60kg. So I figured I'd put my shirt on and go for a more ambitious goal, 70kg. I got 4 rounds and pooped out on round 5. I couldn't lock out the first push press :-(
I love the Bear though!

Jay said...

Good to have you back Sam. I missed your verbal abuse.

jerad said...

Thank you sissy!! And thanks to all for the b day wishes when I came in today. Be in tomorrow for whatever hell you unleash on us!

Matt said...

Happy Birthday Jerad!

50kg

Wow, who would have thought not letting go of the bar in-between reps would make a huge difference!

Travis Coombs said...

Happy Birthday Jerad!

Sorry I missed you guys today. I can't seem to get healthy. Been wanting to try this one too.

racingbean said...

Pretty good workout, ended at 52.5 kilos. Hey matt here is the link to that vid:

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFitMontreal_Mizar30MUpsAlternate.wmv

Alena said...

First time I have done the Bear complex, done running bear before with a set weight, but not the plain old Bear - ended with 45kg - could of gone heavier, but was unsure on this one. months from now we are on:-)