Sunday, August 2, 2009

Monday 3, August 2009

Fight Gone Bad

Three 5 minute rounds with a 1 minute break between each round - meaning you will perform each movement below for 1 minute before moving on to the next one, after your 5th minute you have a 1 minute rest to move onto the next round, where you start it all over again.

Row - for calories
Wall Ball - 20lb
Sumo Deadlift High Pull - 35kg
Box Jumps - 20 in box
Push Press - 35kg

JB is back this month from his foot injury, and asked or this WOD as his birthday WOD.

This month is packed with b-days, so we should have some great WODS - we have Jackie, Jenny, Art, Robin, Gene, Travis, JB, and I know I am missing someone else. Travis already has his WOD picked out, so I am working on a special one for Landaga family - Art is turning 50, Jackie and Jenny are turning 25 - their birthdays are 1 day apart from dad's. If you can think of something especially good in reference to 25 and 50 let me know. :-)

8 comments:

Gene said...

Alena,

I have my workout for the 15th ready to go. It is called:

5 by 55 plus 5.

Yes, 55 is the magic number this year!

sonja said...

THANKS TO ALENA AND THE 10am CREW I had a HUGE improvement!!!!!!

The first FGB here in Reno I got 219. Wall balls at 16 lbs, SDHP and PP at 25kg. and low reps. Today my performance was more consistent and my weight has increased WB at 20 LBS, SDHP and PP at 30kg for a total of 249! The greatest improvement was the row from 9 cal. to 14 and 13 cal.

So the daily torture does work and the altitude no longer seems to suck the life out of me.

Travis Coombs said...

PR at 347. Previous was 321 or something?

Good work on destroying FGB Jay. Great improvement Sonja.

Mel said...

Jay--That was an elite level
performance on FGB.Very impressive.

Congratulations to everyone who was
able to attain their PR's today (Travis,
Sonja, Alena, Myles, Dan, Torey...)

Overall, I had a great time this evening!
The intensity at the box was remarkable!

FGB: 331 ( it will probably take me
a very long time to even come close
to Tomasz' FGB score of 600)

racingbean said...

Hey mel, can you upload that picture of the 6pm wrecking crew so I can throw it on my blog? Good job today everyone!

Mel said...

Myles-- I sent the picture through your email.

JALENDRA said...

AAAHHHHH!!!!! I guess I didn't do bad for my 1st day back. 230 it kicked my ass.

Alena said...

Gene,

What is the WOD?

5 by 55 plus 5 of????

Also, are we doing it on Saturday the 15th or are we doing it on another day?