Friday, August 28, 2009

Today we have Travis and his birthday WOD - Phewwww and you guys thought I was a hard one. :-) Travis has chosen a "chipper" WOD as his b-day workout, and it happens to be....

The final workout of the 09 Games was a long chipper. The workout was:

15 reps 100/155lb BB squat clean
30 Toes to bar
30 Box jumps 20/24" box
10/15 Muscle ups
30 PushPress /PushJerk 25/40lb DBs
30 Double Unders
15 reps 95/135lb Thruster
30 Pullups
30 Burpees
300' OH Walking lunge with 25/45lb plate

Thia will be a good one - be sure to be well rested, hydrated and have eaten something...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRAVIS!!!!!

7 comments:

Mel said...

Happy Birthday, Travis!
May this Chipper WOD give you long life and prosperity!

sam said...

Happy birthday!!! sorry I won't be at the 9am but I will be at the 4pm so when your ears are burning around 430-445- that is me cursing you out!!

Have a great day

sonja said...

Herzlichen Glueckwunsch zum Geburtstag, Travis!!!

Travis Coombs said...

Thanks everybody!

Had a great time suffering through this WOD in 27:18. Gives me a lot of perspective and respect for the guys who completed this wod in the Games in under 20 minutes.

Thanks to everyone who came in this morning. Great start to a birthday!

Mel said...

Glad you had a great morning in the box, Travis. I will be doing your birthday WOD at 4pm today.

5K Big Blue Trail Race in Tahoe.
27:20
Finished 5th out of 28.
That was one hell of a bitchin terrain!
See you guys later.

Mel said...

The energy in the box was so vibrant and celebratory that Sam, Chandler and I accidentally increased the distance of the walking OH lunges from 300 to 600 feet!
We love birthdays!

Did all rx'd except for:
-Squat cleans at 60kg
- Walking lunges with 45 lb plate OH at 600 feet instead of 300 feet.

I love this place!

See you all tomorrow.

Alena said...

Did the WOD - with a very big lack of intensity - was tired and not well rested. Sucked I try not to ever let my lack of umppp bleed over into the WOD - but it did today. With that said I got it in 27:27 I think right behind Travis, thank god for the lunges I was able to make up for my lack luster performance on all the other movements. My thrusters were ughhh but I also did 45kg for the entire workout, so that is the heaviest I have ever gone on squat cleans or thrusters. :-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRAVIS