Friday, October 2, 2009

The Biggest Loser - Really?

For years now I am always asked - "Did you watch last nights episode of The Biggest Loser?" Shockingly enough not only are the people who ask me that question but most individuals who have known me over the years amazed at my answer. "NO I have not ever watched a minute of this show."

Why you ask - basically it is a bunch of BS if you ask me. Who couldn't loose weight being taken away from their lives, comforts, families and any of the other 100's of devices that allowed them to get to such a point? If I spent 6 hours a day eating very little and running on a treadmill for hours I would loose that unwanted few pounds I have, would I maintain those few shed pounds going back to my "normal life"? Maybe, but that is because my few pounds is nothing in comparison to 100's of pounds, these people loose in less than 12 weeks. Is this show realistic, healthy, or good for any over-weight person to watch - not in my opinion. But please, keep reading and make that decision for yourself. :0)

Below you will find a link to an article by Mark Sisson and his page called "Mark's Daily Apple" (link also found on our main page) that embodied what I have thought for years.

If your a die hard Biggest Loser fan maybe you should not read it, otherwise I think this article is spot on!


http://www.marksdailyapple.com/biggest-loser/

No comments: