Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday 29, April 2010

I am on fire with my creativity in the box this week. First we had a hybrid Karen, now we have a hybrid Randy. I love it - for a long time I was planning out the month of workouts, to make sure we were evenly hitting parts of the body etc. now, that I have been doing programming for a while, it is great to just re-adjust and constantly grow as a coach. Thanks guys for the opportunity to do so!

Strength:
Snatch (new PR)
1-1-1-1-1-1-1

3 x max rep handstand push ups (really get low on these, if you need pads, get them -I want your head touching something every rep.)

Metcon:
Randy with a Twist (even my names are clever)

Randy is normally 75 power snatch at 35kg - today we will be performing Randy as a tabata with v-twists for the mid-line stability (those chiseled abs)

20 secs on power snatch 35/22.50kg
10 sec transition time
20 secs on Russian v-twists 16kg kettlebell
10 sec transition time

Score will = how many rounds it takes you to complete 75 power snatch (the only number you need to think about is the snatch)

A complete round is 1 minute, or both movements - so even when you hit all your reps on the snatch you still have the last 20 secs of v-twists to do.

Note on the timer, if it says 24 as the rounds count it took you 12, it is counting each 30 second cycle as one. :-)

No comments: