Sunday, May 23, 2010

Quote that really struck me

"It takes three people to make you into the best person you can be. Somebody better than you, somebody equal to you, and somebody less than you. People hear this and get freaked out, because they want to be better than anyone, or at least equal. The goal is actually to put yourself as the last person, even if you're the guy in the lead. You can always find something other people are better at. So teach me, show me, let's work on that. If you can accept the humility and understand why it's important, you'll grow so strong in every way. Imagine if you did that to every person you came in contact with? You put yourself underneath them to learn? I always stay a student." Frank Shamrock

The Fighter's Mind - Inside the Mental Game
Sam Sheridan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this!

Alena said...

I am such a giant dork - shoe me... If you read this before this comment it said shoe me instead of show me - wish spell check could read my mind then it would be perfect! HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

Totally saw that! Haha.