Thursday, August 11, 2011

PALEO ON A BUDGET!

Super cool for my college students, struggling single patents, heck just for everyone. Taken from,Facebook(of course it must be gospel)
So here’s the basics of what I get every week, if you think that I’m not getting something that I should be, or you question if it’s paleo approved let me know! I’m totally not perfect and am always looking for ways to be better at Paleo!

Meat:
•1 1lb packages of Beef {85% and higher depending on price}**
•2 1lb packages of lean ground pork {2 so it’s easier to freeze and it’s all my grocery store has}
•1 1lb package of some kind of other read meat: Steak tips, cube steak, thin sliced steak, big steak I can cut up etc.
•1 package of frozen sausages {I buy Jones Dairy Farm }
•1lb of chicken {sometimes not all the time}

Veggies:
•Frozen pepper strips and onion bag
•Frozen Broccoli, Cauliflower and carrots bag
•Frozen Brussels Sprouts bag
•Fresh Mushrooms
•Every other week I buy one 1b. bag of carrots and onions {so much cheaper in the bag} and 2 heads of garlic.
•2-3 Lemons

Everything else:
•2-3 cans of diced tomatoes {the ones that have only tomatoes for ingredients}
•1 can crushed tomatoes {big can}
•2 dozen eggs {some weeks we go through 3 if I make deviled eggs or a big egg salad}
•1 package of Raw Cheddar Cheese I’ve cut dairy out of my diet too.
•1lb of Organic Raw Almonds {I go to the bulk bins it’s cheaper and fresher than containers..and sooo much better flavor wise}
•1 Can of Coconut Milk
•Can of Coffee {sometimes 2..total junkie} {Switched to decaf herbal teas. I’m a huge Celestial Seasonings fan}

Extras to keep on hand {I only buy these once a month maybe even less}
•container of chicken bullion cubes {Gluten free}
•Olive Oil
•Light Olive Oil {for mayo}
•Mustard
•Frozen Shrimp
•Kielbasa {I bring it home, cut it up into quarters and freeze it for when I need it}
•Dried Seasoning: Chili Powder, Cumin, Curry, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Basil, Oregano, Parsley, Italian Seasoning, Herbs De Provence, Pizza Seasoning,
•Apple Cider Vinegar {This has literally lasted me 6 months and was $0.50 to buy!}
•Balsamic Vinegar

** I know, it should be 90% or higher, but I’m doing this on a super tight budget so when I find anything 90 and over for cheap I super stock up on it. Otherwise, I stick to the 85%, even that stretches my budget a little some weeks. Grassfed beef we get when we’ve got some serious extra money. {Check out this blog post for an update

No comments: