Thursday, September 19, 2013

Rocky Balboa-isms

I know some of you may think it is cheesy - BUT there are a few quotes that the Rocky movies have had that have pulled my attention away from the bad boxing skills and less than smart Rocky sayings. So here is a list of some - I know I have posted one or two already, so bare with me!

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!"
2006
 
 
"Who am I kiddin'? I ain't even in the guy's league...It don't matter, 'cause I was nobody before...I was nobody. That don't matter either, ya know...It really don't matter if I lose this fight. It really don't matter if this guy opens my head, either. 'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed. And if I can go that distance, ya see, and that bell rings, ya know, and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, ya see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
1976
 
 
"If I can change, and you can change, everybody can change."
1985
 
 
"No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know."
1985
 
 
This one is Mickey - and how I love him!
 
"Get up you son of a bitch! Cuz Mickey loves ya." (Just think of me - not saying bitch though - haha)
1990
 


No comments: