Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday 2, April 2014

Skill:

The hardest set of the week - redo

I keep telling you to log this - I truly want you stronger - with that comes the skill set, and dedication to get through all the "obstacles" laid in front of you.
If you are not doing these strength sets everyday you are here, you will fail to continue to grow in strength and further your skill set for more "difficult" movements down the line.
This goes with your "gymnastics" or body weight movements all the way to what I refer to as your assistance/technique lifts. A set of 5x5 snatch balance may seem unimportant to you, but when the time comes that you want to compete (and maybe it never will) and you have to catch a full snatch in the hole, and your mind says "oh fu%$ NOOOOOO!) you will look back and think, damn it I should of worked catching in the hole.
If you never look to compete, and think who cares if I can snatch balance or even push press, I am here for the metcon - I CARE!!!!! I am watching, I am seeing who isn't doing their "skill", their strength, I know what you are capable of, even if you don't. I will continue to push you to achieve YOUR best, but with that - I need you to complete the tasks I give you so we both see the results in the athletes YOU ARE!

OK I LOVE YOU - BYE!

Strength:

Back squats
5x3 @ 85% of your 1 rep max

Stabilizer:
30 v twists
30 v ups
10 inch worms

Metcon:

6x
3 pistol squats - to each leg
6 rack lunges
9 thrusters
60/40kg
50/30kg
Pick the weight you know will challenge you. If you can do the lunges with the heavier weight and the thrusters with a little lighter - its OK to have 2 bars.

No comments: