Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Thursday 23, April 2009

Was wondering what we should do today, and decided we need to do deadlifts.

5-5-5/5

Meaning take 3-4 warm up sets of 5, this depending on how your weight is progressing, your back alignment is, and use these warm up sets to get you to your final set of 5 heavy. These last 5 will be your max weight and effort.

To finish our daily WOD we will end it with Snake Eyes - the two movements will be

Plate cleans and
One arm dumb bell lunges

So, the total will always equal 11 - you will do 1 plate clean and 10 lunges on down to 10 plate cleans and 1 lunge.

7 comments:

Travis Coombs said...

180 KG max - only 3 reps though : (

8:52'ish for the clean / lunge workout.

Dan - you are a dead lifting beast. We couldn't figure out how you got 200KG on the bar, but you must have tree trunks growing out of your torso rather than legs. Well done ol' chap!

Jay said...

180 KG max, but only two reps. Thought that something felt funny in my back, but it was nothing.
Dropped back down and did an additional set of five at 140kg with Travis.

Don't remember my time on the other workout, but my body started to fianlly loosen up and feel good.

200kg set of five is big league! Did you put Jason on your shoulders, or what?

sam said...

70 KG

25lb DB-under 10 min? don't remember time, but I pushed myself so hard through that wod I thought I might die.

sam said...

BTW-

Jay & Travis made 180 kg look way to easy, need heavier plates for those 2.

Awesome job you guys!! very impressive

Musau "Dan" Mutua said...

200 KG max

I did snake eyes wrong. I did the left and right leg and counted that as one rep. I guess I did too many.
Hey Travis, Jay, Mel, and Chandler I want to be at your level so bad I felt driven to do the weight. And all you have to do to put 200 kg on the bar is 4 20kg plates and add 1 10kg on each side of the bar. The trick is no collars. Thx's for the ego boost!!!

Alena said...

New max for me today of k.

:0) Yeah it was awesome!

I did a row interval tonight of 1000m row, 10 GHD hamstring raises, 20 GHD sit ups 5x.

Chandler W said...

Great job today everyone! Dan your weight was impressive. Keep up the good work!