Sunday, November 6, 2011

Saturday 5, November 2011

Holy huge Sat class.

What a lil diddy we have planned for you today!!!

Running with Angie

1 mile run
100 pull ups
1 mile
100 push ups
1 mile
100 sit ups
1 mile
100 Squats
1 mile

Ok, so I posted this on the board, but just in case anyone is wondering... We all know how hard I can be on myself, and my performance...
So, I also do the dry land conditioning for the Reno Aquatic team at 7:45 on Saturday. The kids are great, and get their asses busted by me and Jason three times a week.
This is a conversation myself and Patrick had on Saturday, after they were done and I just started.

Patrick - "Alena your a beast."
Alena - "Pffffffff"
Patrick - I don't know any girls who can do one pull up, let alone 100 without a band."
Alena - in my head dismiss it.

So, mile 4, I'm running, I'm running, thinking I should be rowing my knee is pissed, why do I even do this??? Blah blah same crap I play over and over in my head. Then for some reason Patricks comment comes into my mind, and makes me truly think about me, my abilities, my skills, my desire and determinations.

I had to re-evaluate right then, and realized he was right!

So, every once in a while I need to stop being so hard on myself, take others thoughts and comments into perspective and know I do rock!!!

Thanks Patrick, you helped me dig in and for even just a minute make me proud of me.

No comments: