Monday, June 20, 2011

Sunday 19, June 2011

Today is a special day for lots and lots of dads out there, but today is a special day for me, 15 years ago today I was blessed with the most amazing life changing event - the birth of my son. Most of you know my boy, see his smile, watch him joke around, watch him shake his head with a grin on his face as he looks at me during some metcon I know he thinks and says "this is stupid."
15 years ago had you of asked me if my life would be where it is now, I would of laughed and thought you were crazy. 9 months sober from using way too many drugs, working a job for cash under the table, loosing my home, single, 22 and scared to death. Ummm, the answer would of been no.
What a wake up call he was and is everyday. I strove for more than I thought possible, to make sure my son knew there are no limits, if you want it, go for it, if you think you can't, you can!
To break the cycle, to raise a person better than myself.
Funny, Evan has taught me these very lessons, as I was trying to teach him.
Well not to go into it too much more than that, no matter what you believe Evan was a gift from god for me to wake up and become the person everyone but me knew I could be.

Thank you Boo Berry, you make me proud every moment of everyday. Your an amazing young man with the drive to succeed and be more than anyone ever thought. You my son, are my HERO!

With that said, let's kick his butt on his 15th birthday.

1500m row
then
6x
19 deadlifts 80kg (his weight)
96 air squats

No comments: