NEW PROCEDURES THIS WEEK
NEW NEW NEW - BE PREPARED!
As a group ran with your coach - if you get to the gym early, please stay out of the way of the prior class working out, you can work on mobility or skill work while waiting for your class to start.
If you are late - meaning group warm up has started, it is a 50 burpee penalty. I realize, a few minutes here and there, but with the new warm up and skill schedule at the gym, you being late is a direct impact on not only your class, but the classes following and your coach's ability to keep class moving at a steady pace. THANK YOU for acknowledging and making the adjustments to be on time.
Snatch push press
*dip and drive 3x6
Hang snatch 5x3
Snatch push press 3x6
Back squats 3x8 75-80% of you 1 RPM
Note you will see a version of this workout 4x this week - this is a test week, below you will find the reasons why I think this is a GREAT challenge for us, and if those key points are not enough click on the link and read for yourself.
10 KB swings 24/16kg
1 strict press - your 5 rep max weight
15 KB swings
2 strict press
25 KB swings
3 strict press
50 KB swings
*30-60 second rest if needed
20 minute time limit
The 10,000 Swing Kettlebell Workout
Here's what you need to know...
• This program will test your grit while at the same time making you an all-around better athlete and high-performance machine.
• Every person who has completed this 20 workout plan has increased lean muscle mass while dropping body fat.Without challenges, the human body will soften. We thrive when we push our boundaries, reach goals, and blast personal records. We perform better, we look better, and we feel alive.
Get this straight: you're either progressing or regressing. There is no maintenance phase. Moderation in training can easily turn into stagnation. And moderation is for sissies. So if we want to improve, we have to seek out new challenges, struggle, and win.
The 10,000 Swing Kettlebell Workout is just such a challenge. And it will rapidly transform your body in only four weeks.
• Everyone got leaner, dropping a waist size or two, in 20 workouts.
• Every coach or athlete made visual muscular improvements in their physiques, adding lean body mass.
• Every trainee increased his grip strength and greatly increased work capacity and athletic conditioning. They could all train longer and harder when they went back to their normal training programs.
• After the program, every trainee saw a noted improvement in his core lifts. PR's fell like dominos. Full-body strength and power shot through the roof.
• Abs were more visible. Glute strength was tremendously better. The abs and glutes "discovered" how to work again, leading to athletic improvements in sport and in the weight room.
In four or five weeks, you're going to perform 10,000 proper kettlebell swings. These will be split among 20 workouts. You'll do 500 swings per workout. Between sets of swings, you'll perform low-volume, basic strength exercises. You will train 4-5 days per week. Train 2 days on, 1 day off, and repeat. Men will use a 24kg kettlebell (53 pounds). Women will use 16kg (35 pounds).
This is a stand-alone program. If you feel you're able to do a second workout in the same day, then you are "underbelled" – you're either not going heavy enough or not training with maximal effort.