Tuesday, April 22, 2014

How Many Times Have You Been Guilty of This???

I suck at this.

"I'm so out of shape"

"I am so slow"

Words often muttered when something tough comes up, maybe it's DU you suck at, or you are slow cranking out pullups, or you get winded after an 8 min mile.


But guess what - for someone in the room with you, all of those things are hard - some are even out of the realm of comprehension and current ability.

Someone in the room wishes they had your "slow" pullups; someone in the room wishes they had ring rows.

Someone will get winded after a 10 min mile, or a 12 min mile.

Maybe you are coming back from an injury, or a baby, or a long vacation and you aren't where you used to be.

Maybe you are someone who always thinks they aren't doing well - who is always wishing for the next level.

That's fine.

Just stop saying it out loud - because for the person next to you, who looks up to you, who wants to have even half the skills you have will feel pretty crappy about their level if you berate your own.

Even if you are the athlete in the room scaling the WOD the most - there is still someone out there who is wishing they could do what you do each and every day.

Just think about that next time you want to talk about how "bad" you are.

 

I can tell you, I am my own worst enemy and a lot of the time I vocalize it as well, and I know I need to stop - I wont stand it from you, so why do I allow myself to say or even think these things?

If you catch yourself being vile in your own head, stop, regroup, and find the positive, if you hear it from your fellow athlete, look at them and let them know that their head is F'ED up and reiterate how good they are.

 

I love you guys!

No comments: