Monday, March 16, 2009

Sunday 15, March 2009

BattleBorn CrossFit WOD
and
Alena's adventures in Aromas (small tidbit)


Rob Ord

Full Mission Profile

Saw it on the board and looked AWESOME! Sad I missed it, but do have to tell you that our Level 1 Certification in Aromas was AMAZING!

We had car troubles, and got to the hotel waaaayyyyy late, had to get uyp waaaayyyyy early, but still it made the trip more memorable.

Mel and I's WOD's consisted of:

Saturday morning - tabata squats - my low was 15, I think Mel was 20
We had lots and lots of static holds on all of our "foundation" movements - who would of thought static holds and PVC pipe would literally kick my ass so much.

Saturday afternoon - Modified Fran - 30 seconds on 15 seconds off - 8 rounds - score was total of both movements Thrusters and Pull ups. Kicked ass on the thrusters, but man the pull ups got me. The bars were wider, and no tape for grip - was a tough one that is for sure....

Sunday afternoon - Death by the CrossFit Ranch Hill (not really the name, but that is what it was like) - Run up the hill, (the one you see on the CrossFit Games) back down, the 3 rounds of 15 plate clean and squats, with 15 chest to ground push ups, followed by another run up and back down the hill. Let me tell you, my quads were on fire!!!!! Total time for me was 9:19, and again I think Mel was like 8:42ishhhh...

500m row for time, this one was optional - but you know me, if it is for time, and someone posted a time I am on it. So, this was my workout - long limbs, rowing - Hell Yeah... So, the top girl had scored 1:52, top guy 1:32, I knew I could beat the girl, and come close to the guy... Anyway, my time is ass kicking, then that last 150m I thought my quads would blow up. I still beat any girls time (per Freddy Camacho) in any of his Level 1 cert's with a time of 1:41.4... Sweet - I am pretty sure fresh I would of hit 1:33. :-)

So, with that short little dissertation of my WOD's , I would like to say - HAHA that was fricking SWEET - can't wait for my Science of Exercise cert in April, and my barbell cert in May! :-)

Thanks to everyone who came to class Saturday and Sunday, and to Chandler and Justin for outstanding coaching while I was gone!

See you all Monday - which is today! :-)

No comments: