Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wednesday 11, March 2009

Rob Ord's Dumbbell Complex - Rob is the West Coast Navy Seal Motivator, also the creator of BrassRing Fitness.

With this workout we are doing a 20 min ladder
During the 20 minute ladder, you would do the complex as follows,

The movements are:

Dumbbell push ups
Dumbbell dead lift
Dumbbell front squat
Dumbbell O/H press

the rounds are each movement, starting with 1 of each, then the next round would be 2 of each, the next would be 3 on up until your 20 mins is up. Your last full completed round is your score.

20% of body weight - so if you weigh 200lbs, you would hold a 40lb dumb bell in each hand.
Scale weight accordingly

11 comments:

Musau "Dan" Mutua said...

Ooooooh Weeeee! This one dose not sound fun,but I'll see you there at 7 am.

Musau "Dan" Mutua said...

12 Rounds 35lbs

Yeah, I was right, that was rough!!!! Good luck guys/gals in your workout. And Jason, I want to see your results. Just do it!!! Chandler there is a song orcistrated just for you on the board!! Everyone have a good day!!

Anonymous said...

15 1/2
w/40lbs

Feel the burn!!!

I am off to Wisconsin, so I will see you all next week.

Alena said...

13 rounds - 20% of weight, dear God that kicked my butt. Thanks Rob Ord. HAHA

Chandler W said...

Dan that's a catchy tune I like it!
14 w/
30lbs

sam said...

10 1/2
w/25lbs.

my shoulders are on fire!!

Mel said...

14 1/2
Alena, good choice on the wod!
Really enjoyed it.

Jason, it was great having you in
the class! Hope you can join us
more often.

See you all tomorrow.

Alena said...

SO, did it a secod time with RObin so she didn't feel alone, only used 25 lb db's and then only went to 15 minutes - got 10, and thought what the hell am I doing? This was after my strength work of back, front, and over head squats.. CRAZY!

Just wanted to say thanks to Mel, Justin, and Adam for the pointers on my squats.

Thanks Matt, for the stop watch program also!

Brant said...

That was a great work out. I have to get to Reno more often. I miss you guys.

15 1/2 rounds at 40lbs

Lynntropy said...

I suffered through 25db's(never listen to Jason) for 10.5. Then I went to Jiu-Jitsu and Courtney gave me some free upper neck chiropractic assistance. Man, I *need* to go on vacation to heal up.

Alena said...

Brant we miss you too!

Lynn, vacation is oooooo sooooo sooooon! :-)