Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wednesday 18, March 2009

After yesterday and "Badger" today will be a nice solid strength day.

Push press 3,2,2,2,1,1,1,1,1

The first triple should be with about 75% of your 1RM. So, if your max is 185# do 3 with 135#. Then go 80%, 85%, 90% for the doubles and 102% or so for the first single. Back off to 75-80% for the remainder of the singles. This uses up your "extra" strength, (like we have any at this point) allows a mental break, (this is where you look at me and give me the WTF look) and gives you reps to focus on form when already fatigued (what I really want you to focus on here - form).

Sweet!!!!

Plus we have a recommended tabata of side planks, and plank (Thanks JB) So,this will be an 8 minute cycle.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warning to the 4:00 and 6:00 classes. DO NOT MAKE FUN OF THE TABATA!
Alena will not be nice to you if you do.

Hutch said...

80 kg push press.

I agree, and now I know how she got the abs of steel.

Thanks Chandler for the help in the Pose Running.

Chandler W said...

75kg
It's true life will not be good when this tabata is made fun of. Somehow after we made fun of the tabata it got longer.....and heavier!

Your welcome hutch it's fun to teach the POSE technique I learn so much from watching and helping other people. If any one wants any help on POSE and running I'll gladly help and run you through some drills

sam said...

45kg

I liked the added weight of the tabata, made the plank that much better!!!

Chandler -
I need as much help as I can get with running, so I will definitely take you up on your offer, thanks.

Nichoel said...

Have a great weekend everyone :)

Alena said...

ME ME ME Chandler!!!!

Love my 10:00am class, and all the fun jokes about my tabata!

Thanks Sam for enjoying it!

Alena said...

Christ Nichoel, it is Tuesday have you given up on the rest of the week? LOL

Nichoel said...

I gave up the rest of the week before it started - and um, it's Wednesday :)

I love you! See you at 6 my dear!

Brant said...

Alene got mean after we made fun of the summer ab workout. I had a great time today. See you guys soon.
105kg Push Press

JALENDRA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JALENDRA said...

Sorry couldn't make it for the workout today. But I did go on a 30+ mile bike ride for the first time this year. The weather was awesome. See you guys tomorrow.

sam said...

I must say we did look like we were filming a "jane fonda" DVD when we were doing the bridge portion of the tabata!!!!

It was fun though....

Mel said...

The Plank Tabata WOD was an expression of functional fitness. It is a dynamic component that is considered a precursor to a multiplicity of movements that can be applied outside the 4 walls of our "box". We may feel "odd" doing the WOD but the exponential benefits of the "plank" are countless.

Alena said...

60kg for my max - pissed me off, but I got it!

Did the tabata tonight, and all I have to say is "SEE, MEL understands!"

:)