Friday, October 9, 2009

One Degree

First I would like to thank a friend of Jason and I for his "Feel Good Friday" email.

John Mariotti owner of Universal TaeKwon-Do in Fernley - thank you for this short movie and the following blurb you wrote.

"212 the movie is a short piece about the difference one degree can make. At 211 degrees water is hot. At 212 degrees water boils. And with boiling water comes steam. Steam can power a locomotive. With this opening 212 the movie sets us on a path of realization that our lives are really about the difference between being hot and being boiling.
Between average, good and great. It is often said that good is the biggest enemy of great. All too often we settle for good enough. And let the greatness slip through our fingers.

What are you doing right now that is one degree? In order to get what you have never gotten you must do what you have never done. Infuse your goals with passion and a single minded focus and you will be surprised what you can accomplish."

Here is the movie:

http://www.nc212movie.com/

Enjoy the movie, and watch it when you have time to stop and think - what is it I desire, what is it that I know I could give that 1 degree to?



4 comments:

Torrey said...

Fantastic movie. I'll be sharing that with my students when I'm back on track in November. Thanks for sharing!

Travis Coombs said...

Amazing video. I may use that in a work presentation I am going to make in the next few weeks to exhibit the kind of passion and drive my team is approaching a new business venture with. Thanks Alena!

Alena said...

I am so glad everyone enjoyed that as much as I did - the overwhelming applause from everyone has been great! Thank guys!

Ariel said...

This video invokes the feeling and drive that I am trying to foster in my associates. Thanks Alena!