Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday 14, October 2009

WOW this was a new one for us...

30 muscle-ups for time

or

120 pull ups
and
120 dips

The sub on this is way worse than the workout - DAMN those muscle ups!!!!

It was a good day to see where we stand with a move like this. We have a few who can do one or two, we have a few who can complete with jumping muscle-ups, then we have Travis, Mel, and Chandler...

I would love to see the three of them side by side the next time we do this WOD!

Awesome job to everyone, and I know for sure a new PR for Mel, and I believe Travis and Chandler as well!

7 comments:

Travis Coombs said...

No PR for me. For some reason, I was in a funk this morning and had a pretty terrible attitude. It showed in my time - 8:08. My personal best on this is 6:30'ish. I'd love to have Mel & Chandler there to provide some great motivation and competition. Let's make it happen some time fellas.

Travis Coombs said...

Great job everyone for grueling through all those pull ups and dips. Especially great job to you guys Mel & Chandler for smoking the MU's in close to 4 minutes (just checked btwb)! Amazing times.

Chandler W said...

4:52 as Rx
I'm so irritated with my time. I just could not get that last one. Gonna have to do this again in a week or so.

Mel said...

It was a great night in the house!
Overflowing with positive energy. The real heroes in this WOD are the ones who busted 120 pull ups and 120 dips for time. They were there to face the unknown, survived and conquered this challenging WOD.
I am proud to be part of this group that are composed of strong-willed CrossFitters.

4:10 as rx'd

Alena said...

You are all super hero's! Travis you will get it next time - sounds like Chandler is down for it in a week so there we have it! :-)

Chandler W said...

Yep I'm ready for it again next week. How about Friday?

John Mariotti said...

I came in on Weds. afternoon and did this...jumping muscle ups, all 30 (most I have ever done), in 14:14. Last 20 were easier than the 1st 10!