Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wednesday 2, September 2009

Today we are going to work on some strength lifts that compliment one another.

Snatch

3-3-3-3-3

Snatch grip deadlifts

3-3-3-3-3

Start with a few nice easy warm up reps, then start loading your bar up, progressing in weight up until your fifth set which should be very close to failure if not at failure.

We last did Snatch strength on 7-23-09 where we did 7 single reps - snatch grip deads we have not done as a strength building movement, but have had it in a few WOD'S.

10 comments:

racingbean said...

Man I miss BBCF! How is everyone??

Chandler W said...

I love Snatch! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! I'll be there at 10am sharp

sam said...

Chandler- glad to hear you love snatch and it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling!!!!!! hahahahhahahhahhaaaa

how was the word "snatch" created for a olympic lift?? does anyone know the answer to that?

Alena said...

Myles -

We miss you too! Hope Vegas is treating you well, and we will see you for Christmas break????

Mel said...

Good to hear from you, Myles.
We hope to see you soon in Reno.

Chandler W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chandler W said...

What can I say? I have an unwaivering love for a good Snatch! Lol
65kg Snatch
120kg SGDeads

Travis Coombs said...

Alas... I am inexperienced with the snatch. I have seen some beautiful snatches, but have never mastered it myself. Whenever I ask someone to teach me how to work the snatch, I usually get a slap in the face. Story of my life. Bummed that my work schedule won't allow me to get in the gym today.

Alena said...

Ha Travis you have just not had the right coach in the attaining of the snatch. :-)

47.5 on snatch (mental block)
110 on snatch grip deads

Mel said...

50/120

Had fun this evening!