There is NOTHING in Reno that can come close to our program!

We build fitness machines out of ordinary people, and humble elite level athletes everyday. Professionals, civil servants, Division 1 athletes, soccer moms, and grandparents all DESERVE the most effective training available.

LET BATTTLEBORN CROSSFIT, THE FIRST AND ORIGINAL CROSSFIT IN RENO, ONE OF THE FIRST 100 CROSSFIT AFFILIATES EVER, ESTABLISHED IN 2007 SHOW YOU HOW!

All levels welcome - come in and try a week free!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

PALEO ON A BUDGET!

Super cool for my college students, struggling single patents, heck just for everyone. Taken from,Facebook(of course it must be gospel)
So here’s the basics of what I get every week, if you think that I’m not getting something that I should be, or you question if it’s paleo approved let me know! I’m totally not perfect and am always looking for ways to be better at Paleo!

Meat:
•1 1lb packages of Beef {85% and higher depending on price}**
•2 1lb packages of lean ground pork {2 so it’s easier to freeze and it’s all my grocery store has}
•1 1lb package of some kind of other read meat: Steak tips, cube steak, thin sliced steak, big steak I can cut up etc.
•1 package of frozen sausages {I buy Jones Dairy Farm }
•1lb of chicken {sometimes not all the time}

Veggies:
•Frozen pepper strips and onion bag
•Frozen Broccoli, Cauliflower and carrots bag
•Frozen Brussels Sprouts bag
•Fresh Mushrooms
•Every other week I buy one 1b. bag of carrots and onions {so much cheaper in the bag} and 2 heads of garlic.
•2-3 Lemons

Everything else:
•2-3 cans of diced tomatoes {the ones that have only tomatoes for ingredients}
•1 can crushed tomatoes {big can}
•2 dozen eggs {some weeks we go through 3 if I make deviled eggs or a big egg salad}
•1 package of Raw Cheddar Cheese I’ve cut dairy out of my diet too.
•1lb of Organic Raw Almonds {I go to the bulk bins it’s cheaper and fresher than containers..and sooo much better flavor wise}
•1 Can of Coconut Milk
•Can of Coffee {sometimes 2..total junkie} {Switched to decaf herbal teas. I’m a huge Celestial Seasonings fan}

Extras to keep on hand {I only buy these once a month maybe even less}
•container of chicken bullion cubes {Gluten free}
•Olive Oil
•Light Olive Oil {for mayo}
•Mustard
•Frozen Shrimp
•Kielbasa {I bring it home, cut it up into quarters and freeze it for when I need it}
•Dried Seasoning: Chili Powder, Cumin, Curry, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Basil, Oregano, Parsley, Italian Seasoning, Herbs De Provence, Pizza Seasoning,
•Apple Cider Vinegar {This has literally lasted me 6 months and was $0.50 to buy!}
•Balsamic Vinegar

** I know, it should be 90% or higher, but I’m doing this on a super tight budget so when I find anything 90 and over for cheap I super stock up on it. Otherwise, I stick to the 85%, even that stretches my budget a little some weeks. Grassfed beef we get when we’ve got some serious extra money. {Check out this blog post for an update

No comments: