Friday, February 19, 2010

FUND RAISING EVENT!!!

HEY GUYS - IF WE ALL GAVE JUST $5.00 IT WOULD BE SUCH A GREAT CAUSE TO DONATE TO!!!!

Recently Jason and I had a very good friend whose son was diagnosed - he is in full remission due to being caught so early, but just think what it would be like for a split second to think you may loose a child, a nephew, a niece,a friend..

Thank you BBCF - you are all amazing, and THANK YOU GENE for once again committing to help so many around you known, or unknown. :-)

This is from Gene:
If you come to the 6pm class you know who I am ------ sorry I don't know a lot of you from the morning classes.
I am a firefighter with the City of Sparks and for the second year in a row I will be participating in the Seattle Stair Climb. This is a fund raiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). It is a timed race up the stairs at the Columbia Center in downtown Seattle in full fire gear and SCBA. This year's event is scheduled to be run on Sunday, March 7th. There are 69 flights of stairs, 1311 steps, and 788ft of vertical elevation.
Now for those of you who ran the Legacy last year you have an idea of what a climb like this feels like. Now double the flights, throw a pack with 45 pounds of weight on your back and put a plastic bag over your head. It is truly a painful experience. But not as hard as those kids have it with leukemia.
I know the economic times are tough but if you could contribute to this great cause it would be appreciated. I promise you will get an ounce of sweat out of me. And I promise to not puke in my mask.All proceeds from the competition benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS).
Please support me by going to http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1081202&pg=personal&fr_id=1090 and click on "Donate to Gene".
Thanks again for supporting me and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Gene

No comments: