Nutrition Challenge is a 4-week nutrition and performance
challenge. It is based on principles of the Paleolithic and Primal Blueprint Diets
(a.k.a. Hunter/Gatherer Diet). During the 30+ days of this challenge you are
expected to be “strict” and not stray from the guidelines. Everything is
published to the group, and only you will know if you are being honest.
We hope that by the end of the challenge you will not look at this as a one-time thing to see if you can win. Look at it as a jumping off point for a continued healthy lifestyle. After the challenge, if you decide to incorporate Paleo/Primal diet principles into your lifestyle you may want to experiment a little by adding some dairy or some additional fruit into your diet. You may want to add in a cheat meal or some wine with dinner. Many choose not to. You may be surprised by the reaction your body has to adding certain things back into your diet that you have eliminated for 30 days. You may even discover allergies and intolerances that you didn’t even know you had. Grains and Legumes are still an absolute no-no.
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
Saturday, 26 October 2014: Kick-Off Meeting (3:00 P.M.)
· Challenge Rules and Guidelines Overview
· Weigh In, Body Fat Analysis, and Measurements
· Before Photos
Sunday, 27 October, 2014: Kick-Off Nutrition Challenge (Effective 12 a.m.)
· Finalize Registration for Challenge
Wednesday, 29 October, 2014:
· Complete Benchmark WOD
Sunday, 9 November, 2014: Weekly Check-In/Blood Drive/Paleoish Pot Luck
· BBCF 1st Blood Drive
· Check in with Q&A
· Nom Nom Food – bring a small dish with recipe
Sunday, 16 November, 2014: Weekly Check-in via email or text
· Send me your emails/texts, questions, concerns, need some help
· Gear up for our final week
· Recipes for the holiday sent out
Saturday, 22 November, 2014: Challenge Ends (12:00)
· Final Weigh In, Body Fat Analysis, Measurements
· Turn-In Score Log
· After Photos
· Complete Benchmark WOD
Sunday, 23 November, 2014: Paleo Potluck Celebration (3:00p.m.)
· Review Before and After Photos
· BBCF Paleo Potluck
· Photos: Submit three before and after photos of yourself (front, back, profile). If you choose not to submit photos, you will not be eligible for any of the prizes.
· Benchmark WOD: Participate in the benchmark challenge WOD at the start and end of the challenge.
· Diet: Adhere strictly to Paleo/primal diet guidelines and earn points for doing so.
· Score Log: Maintain a daily food, sleep, exercise, and stress log to track your progress. Only fully completed score logs will be considered/scored for individual and team prizes.
· CrossFit: Participate in CF WODs at BBCF at least 3-5 times per week and earn points for doing so. Non CF workouts do not count, except for Saturday and Sunday.
· Sleep: Get some sleep. Aim for 8+ hours each night. Extra sleep alone has been responsible for many a pound lost!