Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tuesday 29, December 2009


Today we will be doing a WOD in honor of a family that has had pain I hope none of us ever have to endure. They are a strong family, and there request of having gym's take part in their WOD is a small thing in the light of our every day lives.


I have included the link to their page, so you can read more about the cause we are taking part in today.




Please post individually on their site, and I will post all of our times at the end of the day today.


SMA - Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) is a motor neuron disease. The motor neurons affect the voluntary muscles that are used for activities such as crawling, walking, head and neck control, and swallowing. It is a relatively common "rare disorder": approximately 1 in 6000 babies born are affected, and about 1 in 40 people are genetic carriers.


So, please as we are struggling threw this WOD think of the families that are struggling threw a much worse pain than a few thrusters.


"Bugaboo"


200 thrusters 35/20kg


See you all in the gym today with a smile on our face and a love for a family and all the other families struggling with this disorder.




10 comments:

Ben said...

Just wanted to say thank you for your support and participation. Your efforts under the barbell today mean alot to my family and all of those that are affected by SMA.-Ben Abruzzo (Bugaboo's Dad)

Travis Coombs said...

Ben, I'm not sure if you're going to check back on this blog, but I wanted to let you know that your story has inspired me to help spread the word about SMA and to crush the Bugaboo WOD this afternoon. My heart aches for your loss, and I congratulate you for your efforts to bring awareness to SMA. God bless you and your family.

Travis Coombs said...

21:03 as Rx'd.

Very tough wod, but worth every second.

Alena said...

BattleBorn CrossFit Reno, NV results for the box.

Kevin RX 24:40
Scott RX 22:20
Rick 25kg 23:54
Jackie RX 26:11
Jenny RX 25:12
Betsi RX 23:54
Torrey RX 17:18
Kathy 23:10
Amber 27:01
Mark 22:42
Jimmy 150reps
Rick 100reps
Ryan RX 27:29
Dave 20:35
Travis RX 21:31
Colleen RX 22:00
Denny RX 29:22
Jerad 20:22
Clayton 160reps 26:30
Alena RX 17:15
Jason RX 26:43
Chandler RX 10:22
Danielle (front squats) 14:00
Aja 100reps 10:25
Melanie 22:33
Brittney 100reps 11:55
Gene 100reps 9:50
David RX 33:25
Andrew RX 30:18

Great job to everyone!!!

We were proud to do this WOD at BBCF!!! Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Alena said...

17:15 RX - wow tha was a hard WOD! Thanks to Ben and his family for allowing us to be a part of this amazing day!!!

Chandler W said...

It was an honor to participate in such an inspirational event. I went all out on this one and my suffering is nothing compared to this families.

10:22 as Rx (I can barely move now)

Shane and Karen said...

Thanks so much for your efforts and comments! It means a great deal to Karen and I, as well as our friends Ben and Tasha. We will be doing this again next year and I hope you will join us again. Thanks!

Alena said...

Shane, Karen, and Ben -

HELL YES we are in for next years "Bugaboo" event as well!

Cory Henderson said...

I want my crossfit family to know that I am missing all you guys. Trina and I will bust out this WOD here in Montana.

Alena said...

Cory - we miss you as well! Give Trina and the kids a hug for me, and one giant hug for you! Love ya!