Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thoughts:

So, as a coach you come into your gym daily with a smile on your face looking forward to seeing all your "family" members, each and every one of you bring something to the table that I love, and want to see daily.
Then, you find out from someone who is not a member of your gym, that some of your members have gone and gotten their Level 1 certification (which I think is awesome for all), and is opening up a gym - not a CrossFit gym as far as anyone can tell - but of course trying to follow the CrossFit methods.
These members never came to you and asked you your opinion (not my blessing, noone needs to ask for that and please do not get that confused), told you they were interested in opening a gym on their own, or even letting you know they would be leaving to pursue their own dreams, (again that is what everyone should do - follow your dreams). The only comments you got was how they were leaving their other gym because the "politics" were to much to handle.
My question is - does the pursuit of your own dreams result in making another person feel like the smile you gave them 3 or 4 times a week, the hug when you left and the thank you, were only because you were trying to obtain the spirit of anothers dreams?
I'm confused and sad????

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're awesome, Alena! And don't EVER let anyone tell you otherwise or make you feel that you're not. That's ONE person compared to all the others who love you to death! I don't even know what to say because there are just so many things...but I guess to sum it all up...THANK YOU for EVERYTHING! You're the reason I push myself harder and continue to try to improve every day I walk through the doors of BBCF! Because I know that, if I do, I will one day get to be like you! Because you're a badass, and you'll re-WOD ANYONE if you have to to show them who's boss ; ) The people who matter are the ones who are STILL going to your box and are STILL a part of the BBCF family. So keep up the good work! You're doing awesome!

Now, with that said, STRENGTH tomorrow?!?!? : ) Lol. See you tomorrow in the box!

sonja said...

Pursuit of ones own dreams does not and should not rule out communication with the people in your life life that have inspired you and have made you believe in yourself!!!

My take: Guess when people don't respect you any longer they are not worth your time and effort and should move on anyway.

Sooo sorry girl!!!!!!!

Travis Coombs said...

“Don't be disquieted in time of adversity. Be firm with dignity and self-reliant with vigor.”

~ Madame Chiang Kai-Shek

Cassie said...

"IMITATION IS THE SINCEREST FORM OF FLATTERY - " ~Charles Caleb Colton in 1820

But no one can imitate the passion, heart, and time that you put into Battleborn! You change lives one snatch at a time. :-)

Travis Coombs said...

: )

Don't forget about the Jerks!

Alena said...

HAHAHA thanks guys! Between the emails, calls, texts, and comments I feel better. It's my blog and I will cry if I want to was the attitude I had last night. LOL
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT! We will continue to take Reno and Sparks over one snatch and jerk at a time!
HEHEHEHEHE!

Jody said...

Anyone can open up a gym, but it takes a real leader with a great personality to make Battleborn Crossfit what it is. Your blog says no one in Reno can come close to this program....That is true. No one can come close to what you do for people at that gym with your kindness, hugs, and smile everyday. I hate going to the gym...but I love coming to Battleborn Crossfit!